Friday, July 8, 2011

A Baking Slump

I am saddened to say that I have been in a baking slump. After my week of cake the last thing I wanted to do was to make another ounce of buttercream or sugary confection. So for the past week I have only baked one cake, a lemon zest cake. I baked it sheerly because I wanted some cake and I didn't even wait long enough to take a picture. 

My cake decorating class begins on Monday and I am really excited about it. I just found out that this class has a final exam, and if this is anything like college I'll need to study. Speaking of college, I received my official letter of acceptance from the University of South Florida yesterday. I am going to finish my Bachelor's degree in Political Science, so baking is going to have to take a temporary back burner for the next year. But, I promise, even if it is just a promise to myself, that I won't give up on baking. It is something I love to do. Not that education isn't something I value, but baking is something I can do for other people, and I like doing things for others. 

I've also considered joining a gym. Because it makes total sense for someone who has written two separate blogs (My Life of Pie & Baking My Way) about baking to join a gym. I feel like I would cheat on a diet, how could I not? Quality Assurance adds on those pounds. 

But enough about me. 

Until next time, 

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment