Thursday, July 14, 2011

Banana Cake

Banana Cake
I was asked to make a cake for my parent's small group, as I am every week. It's something I am always very happy to do. But this day was an exception. I've recently joined a gym, and as a perk of joining I was given an free hour of personal training and consultation with a trainer.

The problem: I haven't exercised since Middle School. I've never found the time. It was harder than anything I've ever had to go through. But, on the plus side he didn't yell at me, which is always nice.

I was so tired and so sore after I left that this cake all of sudden seemed like a punishment rather than one of my favorite hobbies. So I took to the store and did the one thing I haven't done in a good long while: Canned Frosting. I got home, creamed three bananas, mixed a cake batter, added the bananas, and baked.

After frosting I opened that icing and it was like everything in the world was right, and that is a good feeling. However, I have homework for my cake decorating class this weekend. I have to make icing, cover a cake board, and bake a single layered cake with white buttercream. Piece of cake... right?

Until next time,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment