Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wilton Class 1.1

Last night I participated in my first Wilton class. It was a very basic and overview of baking and icing. However, I did learn a good bit of stuff I didn't know. I am excited to try some of this stuff out.

The instructor has a wonderful working knowledge of cake baking and decorating. She taught some really innovative ways on how to ice cakes without picking up crumbs. Something that I have been unable to figure out in my time baking cakes. She also introduced the class to some pretty essential tools that I have been missing. Like a cake leveler. For those who know what those are, they're amazing, right? I also plan to invest in a turn table. Turntables don't seem to be incredibly essential, but I want one.

Something else I am very excited about is learning to cover cake boards. There are a lot of different methods that I've found. But the one I was taught last night is simple, fast, and produces a fantastic and crisp look. I can't wait to try it out.

I have a cake to bake for tomorrow. My best costumer, my Mom, has asked me to make a cake for the small group. I'm excited to try out the new Wilton Buttercream Recipe.

On another note, I did join a gym, and have already been tempted by cake. This is going to take a lot of will power. But, I think I can do it.

Until next time,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment