Friday, June 24, 2011

Whoopie Pies

Whoopie Pies
Many of you may know that I was once a pie maker for a restaurant. And in my lifetime of baking I have made, probably, a few thousand pies. In fact I would venture to say about three thousand in my eight months of pie making. But these cookies... err... these pies are the first of their kind.

There is nothing about them that actually constitutes a pie. They are more of a cookie made of cake batter. So my theory on how they got their name deviates from its confusing beginnings. Its made from cake mix and baked like a cookie. So naturally, we'll call it a pie.

They really are pretty tasty. I wanted to use up some extra buttercream, but I am bit tired of cake. And next week will be cake filled (people are putting in orders!) due to Small Group and a party for my Mom's work. So I decided to make Whoopie Pies. They are just like Oreo Cakesters, remember those?

The cookie is soft, and has a gritty taste. Probably due to the brown sugar that is added. It turned to be a pretty yummy recipe that will get us through until tomorrow, hopefully. This is the earliest I have finished one of my baked goods this week! How exciting!

I'm off to plan some cake designs for next week. Apparently you can't just go into cake baking and decorating blindly. You've got to put some thought into it.

Until next time,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment